The Burlington County government has closed or limited access to many facilities, and scaled back activities and services to limit exposure to COVID-19. According to the county’s Coronavirus Task Force, 20 presumptive COVID-19 cases have been identified in the county as of 3/20/20.
A number of county services can be accessed online. Consult the county, departmental or agency website for news and information.
Here is the current status of various county offices and programs:
- County Offices (609-265-5000): Closed to the public. County employees are working on a regular schedule.
- Superior Court (609-288-9500): In-person court proceedings are being held for emergent matters only. Offices are open only for emergent filings, child support and probation payments, and pretrial and probation reporting. Matters scheduled for March 16-17 will be rescheduled.
- Library (609-267-9660): All libraries are closed to the public. Programs, events and space rentals are canceled. The Mobile Library service is suspended. Fines and fees for checked-out materials will be waived. Expiring library cards have been extended to June. Patrons still may access online resources, ebooks, audio ebooks, and streaming movies through the library’s website.
- Parks (609-265-5858): Trails in all county parks are open from 8 a.m. to dusk, and Park Rangers (609-668-5164) are on duty. Park offices and museum facilities are closed, and programs and events are canceled.
- Board of Social Services (609-261-1000): Offices are closed.
- WIC (609-267-4304): Offices are closed. Staff will contact clients and assistance will continue when possible. All other programs are suspended.
- Sheriff: (609-265-5127): Sheriff sales have been postponed until further notice, and all public programs and events are canceled. The office is seeking to suspend evictions.
- Resource Recovery Complex (609-499-5300): Services continue on a normal schedule.
- Animal Shelter (609-265-5073): Open only to reclaim an animal.