On 3/16/20, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy signed an executive order implementing “aggressive social distancing measures to mitigate further spread of COVID-19.” The closures and rules included in the order, and listed below, will remain in effect until the order is lifted.
- All public and private schools, including preschools, will be closed beginning 3/18/20.
- Colleges and universities will cease in-person instruction on 3/18/20.
- Social gatherings are limited to 50 persons or less.
- Casinos, concert venues, nightclubs, racetracks, gyms, fitness centers and classes, movie theaters, and performing arts centers are closed.
- Restaurants and bars are closed, but may offer take-out (including alcohol).
- “Non-essential” retail, recreational, and entertainment businesses are closed daily from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.